Monday, June 06, 2016

The forbidden signing, not so forbidden

Our new book, an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's How to Talk to Girls at Parties, comes out on June 22nd, and we'll be in the States for the occasion. The week before, we'll have exclusive copies for Heroes Con, in Charlotte, but on the official release day of the book, we'll be in New York City, and we couldn't let this opportunity to interact with new yorkers pass us by, so we reached out and arranged a special signing to celebrate the release of the book.


The Forbidden Planet comic book store in NYC was the very first comic book store I went to, when we were young teenagers, around the age the main characters of the new book are, and by then we certainly didn't quite know how to talk to girls anywhere, let alone at parties.

When I was living in New York, going to NYU and studying film in the summer of 1999, Forbidden Planet was my local comic book store. I wondered if someday I would be back there to sign my own books.

"Of course you will", I'd tell myself.

"One day".
SaveSave

No comments: