Thursday, February 17, 2005

Swimming

I received an e-mail from one editor today and a message from another. They were all very nice and sounded interested in my work, which is good. Of course, I sent messages to them earlier, but to know they replied is good. It shows they liked the work I've been doing enough to write back and tell me so.

This is something I learned already: you have to show your work constantly to the editors, so they can see what it looks like, and also so they can see that you're constantly working and have a professional rhythm. If you want to work as an artist, and now it's the strange sounding part, you already have to be working as an artist. It's like swimming: you gotta be on the water to swim, you can learn how to swim on the ground, where it's safe and warm.

Sometimes, you have to get yourself wet.

No comments: