Monday, May 08, 2006

More Comics



I'm not drawing enough comics. That's the truth. It's kind of sad, actually, but it's how things are right now.

The positive side of this harsh reality is the fact that I'm not drawing shitty comics for money. After the pages were ready and the money got paid (and spent), I would be left with nothing but shitty comics, so I'm glad I'm not doing those right now.

A friend of mine did this character's design and I decided to that a crack at it and do my version of his design. As much as the final drawing was still miles away from good, it was really fun to draw something that was not so "real" and ordinary. I really like to draw strange fantastic stuff, even if it's not what I like to write about.

What do I like to write about?

That's a question I ask myself every time I have to start a story, and since my last efforts at that have been short stories, I tend to get to this starting point more often than not. I guess I'll always ask this question.

And I'll probably spent the rest of my life creating stories to figure out the answer.

No comments: